If Outlook email is not updating, try the following steps:
- Navigate to the Send/Receive tab and select the “Work Offline” button. After clicking it, wait 10 seconds before clicking it again to reconnect to the Exchange server.
- If Outlook is connected properly, the bottom right hand corner of Outlook will display “Connected to: Microsoft Exchange”
- If this message is appearing but new emails are not, send the user a test email and then double check the email did not get filtered into Junk Email.
- 2. Verify you can ping the Exchange server from the client PC.
- If you cannot ping the Exchange server, check the client PC firewall and proxy settings.
- 3. Open the Windows Run program
- – Type “outlook /safe” and select “OK”
- If emails start appearing, it is most likely a conflict with an Outlook Add-in creating issues.
- 4. Close Outlook and navigate to Control Panel > Mail (32-bit) > Show Profiles. Select “Add” and name it “Test Profile”
- The profile setup information should pre-populate. Select “Next” when prompted and finish creating the profile. Underneath “Always use this profile”, select the test profile.
- Apply your changes and start Outlook. This will load Outlook with default settings and re-download all email.
- 5. Run an Outlook repair by navigating to C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\microsoft shared\OFFICE16\Office Setup Controller
– Run the setup.exe as an administrator.
– Select “Repair” when prompted.
- The repair takes approximately 10-15 minutes to complete and should resolve any corrupted files or settings causing issues.